Need help? 01522 510041  |  Translate

Help & Support for Survivors

If you are experiencing or have experienced domestic abuse, there are many different organisations and sources of support that can help you.

Local Specialist Domestic Abuse Services

Lincolnshire Domestic Abuse Specialist Service provides specialist support and assistance to families and individuals in Lincolnshire experiencing domestic abuse.

The service includes:

  • A support hub and helpline, offering advice and guidance on a range of situations and signposting to relevant services.
  • Support service for adults, children and young people
  • Recovery support
  • Online support and advice for all domestic abuse victims
  • An outreach and engagement team that provide proactive early interventions, targeting communities and individuals who may face barriers to accessing domestic abuse services.
  • IDVA support for victims at the highest risk of serious harm

The support package also includes specialist assistance for adults undergoing experiences such as stalking, controlling and coercive behaviour and honour-based violence.

If you have been affected by domestic abuse and want to find out more about the help, advice and support available through Lincolnshire Domestic Abuse Service, contact the helpline on 01522 510041 (choose option 2) Email us at  Alternatively, if you would like to start a live chat with one of our specialist domestic abuse workers select the chat function.

Make a self-referral into LDASS

Four Options:

  1. Contact the helpline number 01522 510041, choose option 2, and one of our friendly staff will take you through the referral form over the phone.
  2. Access our online referral form here.   Once you have completed the online referral form, you will be given the option to receive an email copy of the information you submit.  Please only do this if it is safe for you to do so.  Remember that any website you visit might be visible in your browser history.

  3. Contact us via email or use the chat function to make initial contact and request a call-back, letting us know when it is safe for us to contact you.
  4. Ask a professional to make a referral on your behalf.

Make a referral into EDAN Lincs Refuge Service

Three Options:

If you wish to make a self-referral into Refuge or just want an informal chat about the process contact: EDAN Lincs Refuge on 01522 510041 choose Option 1

(The Refuge is open Mon – Fri - 8.30am - 7pm and Sat - 10am – 5pm)

Download the refuge referral form here and email it to us at Please only do this if it is absolutely safe for you to do so.

Contact us via email or use the chat function to make initial contact and request a call-back, letting us know when it is safe to contact you.

If you are currently living in Lincolnshire you may wish to consider travelling further away in order to feel safe.  We can assist with this as we have access to refuge vacancies across the UK. 

A professional working with you can make a refuge referral on your behalf.  However, most refuges will want to speak with you directly in order to seek consent and discuss your referral. Outside of office hours please contact the 24-hour National Domestic Abuse Helpline on 0808 2000 247

Other help and support available

If you're a victim of domestic abuse, there are many different organisations that can help you.  Below are links to trusted sources of information.

The Police

Call the UK police non-emergency number, 101, if you need support or advice from the police and it's not an emergency. If you have a hearing or speech impairment, use their text phone service on 18001 101.

You can also report non-emergency incidents online

The Domestic Violence Disclosure Scheme, also known as ‘Clare's Law’

The scheme was named after Clare Wood, who was murdered by her ex-partner in 2009. Her family campaigned for greater protection for victims of domestic violence and the scheme was launched in 2014.

Under Clare's Law you can:

  • apply for information about your current or ex-partner because you're worried they may have a history of abuse and are a risk to you
  • request information about the current or ex-partner of a friend or relative because you're worried they might be at risk

The police will then carry out checks and disclose relevant information if it is deemed necessary to protect you/ the individual from harm.

For further information please follow the below link to the Lincolnshire Police website.

National Domestic Abuse Services

Women's Aid

Women's Aid is a national charity working to end domestic abuse against women and children. On their website you will find a wide range of useful resources and information.

This includes The Survivor's Handbook which is an excellent resource for anyone experiencing domestic abuse.  It provides a range of information including legal and housing options and safety planning help and advice.


National domestic abuse helpline

The National Domestic Abuse Helpline is a freephone 24-hour helpline which provides advice and support to women, including sourcing refuge.

There are translation facilities if your first language is not English. The helpline also offers BT type-talk for callers with hearing difficulties.



Refuge is the largest specialist domestic abuse organisation in the UK. They provide a helpline for women who are experiencing domestic abuse.

Refuge also provides safe, emergency accommodation through a network of refuges throughout the UK, including culturally-specific services for women from minority ethnic communities and cultures.


Legal help and advice

National Centre for Domestic Violence (NCDV)

NCDV provide a free, fast emergency injunction service to survivors of domestic abuse and violence regardless of their financial circumstances, race, gender or sexual orientation. They are also able to advise on those services providing alternative refuge accommodation and legal protection for children caught up in abusive relationships.


Rights of Women

Rights of Women offers confidential legal advice on domestic abuse and sexual violence.  They run free legal surgeries on family law, immigration and asylum law, sexual harassment and criminal law. See their website for opening times.


Finding Legal Options for Women Survivors (FLOWS)

FLOWS gives legal advice to women who are affected by domestic abuse.


RCJ Advice Family Service

RCJ Advice Family Service can give legal advice to people who are affected by domestic abuse or need family law help – find out more on the RCJ Advice website.


Paladin  - National stalking advocacy service

Help and advice in relation to stalking.


National Stalking Helpline

The National Stalking Helpline can provide advice and guidance on the law, how to report stalking, gathering evidence, staying safe and reducing the risk.


Sexual Violence

Rape Crisis

Helpline and support for anyone living in Lincolnshire affected by any form of sexual violence at any point in their lives.


Spring Lodge sexual assault referral centre

Specialist sexual assault referral centre dedicated to providing a comprehensive service to men and women who have been raped or sexually assaulted.


Specialist Support for men

Respect - Men's Advice Line

The men's advice line is a confidential helpline for men experiencing domestic abuse.


ManKind Initiative

The ManKind Initiative is a charity operating a helpline for male victims of domestic abuse. They offer information, support and a signposting service to men suffering from domestic abuse from their current or former wife, partner (including same-sex partner) or husband.  They can also help source refuge accommodation. 


HBV / Forced Marriage

Honour Network Helpline

The Honour Network Helpline is a national helpline run by Karma Nirvana, a national charity which advises victims and survivors of forced marriage and honour-based abuse.


Forced Marriage Unit

Contact the Forced Marriage Unit if you’re trying to stop a forced marriage or you need help leaving a marriage you’ve been forced into.


Older People


Hourglass gives confidential advice and information to older people who are victims of abuse and support to anyone concerned about harm, abuse or exploitation of an older person.


Organisations for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people LGBTQ+

National LGBTQ+ Domestic Abuse Helpline

Galop provides support for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people experiencing domestic abuse.


Organisations for disabled people

SignHealth - Domestic Abuse Service

Support and advice for victims of domestic abuse who are deaf or hard of hearing.



Respond  is a  national charity providing therapy and specialist support services to people with learning disabilities, autism or both who have experienced abuse, violence or trauma.


Support for Children


24-hour helpline for children.



Includes a helpline for adults who are concerned about a child.



Remember, if you download or save a document that you don't want anyone else to see, delete it and then remove it from your recycle/trash.